Thursday, August 19, 2010

Lalique in Lisbon





Let´s leave the historic and majestic sites of Lisbon for a while and feast on these exquisite pieces from René Lalique. Born in France, he was a very famous glass designer who designed perfume bottles and exotic jewelry pieces among others.The first time I knew about the Lalique name was a bottle of perfume gifted to me by a cousin of mine from Belgium about a decade ago. Little did I know that there´s something more in the Lalique name. When we visited Salamanca(Spain) more than 2 years ago, the hubz brought me to this quaint Art Nouveau/Art Deco Museum which houses some of Lalique´s fabulous works. Right then and there I was hooked on his delicate creations. To my surprise, I found his works in Lisbon!Here´s a design of one his many lady dragonfly brooches:


Isn´t it fabulous? You know me, I like blings and artsy stuff. ;)  You can see a sample of  his works  at the Calouste Gulbenkian Museum. All the more reason to visit Lisbon. What more, on Sundays the museum entrance is free. Consider that a double treat! ;)

Enjoy your Thursday, sweets! :)

xoxo,

Che

15 comments:

Dorothy Souhuwat said...

what is that in the 1st pic??

Sherin said...

These are amazing. As you know, I'm a huge jewellery lover. I really love the blue necklace.

Dressing Up For Me said...

@ Dorothy: I think it´s a necklace or a headband with mother of pearls.

Dredd said...

Che, it's all fabulous and thanks for the tip about double treat ;)

I really love to read all your travel post.

muchos besos/Dredd

janettaylor said...

Dragonfly is my fave!

sweet said...

Totally fabulous...I love those pieces...so exquisite and profound...

wow you are very lucky to visit it...

hmmpp one day Sweet :D

oh by the way, lunch break are somewhat the same with us, her problem is she wants me to prepare my things for my next class instead of sleeping and taking a break. Gawd...I signed up for a contract that says 4 hours of teaching per day and that does not count my lunch break...oh well I still smile at her...and she is getting annoyed everyday :D

am I that mean???
ehehehehe

take care love
kisses
Sweet
PensandLens

FASHION DOOHICKEy said...

Ooher. these are gorgeous pieces. Looks like your having lotsa fun.. :D

Krystal said...

those are so pretty!

Turquoise and Lily said...

lovely jewelries.. both of them are beautiful!

Leia said...

So gorgeous!

Leia

joy and amore said...

all these unique acc.give it to me.LOL,

Savvy Gal said...

wow. I don't know much about Lalique jewelry pieces but their vases.... sigh.....

Isabel said...

these are goegous!

Amanda "Creamy" Apriani said...

>.< It looks cool!!

Amanda "Creamy" Apriani
http://creamyandicecream.blogspot.com

J. said...

Such amazing pieces!