Lalique in Lisbon





Let´s leave the historic and majestic sites of Lisbon for a while and feast on these exquisite pieces from René Lalique. Born in France, he was a very famous glass designer who designed perfume bottles and exotic jewelry pieces among others.The first time I knew about the Lalique name was a bottle of perfume gifted to me by a cousin of mine from Belgium about a decade ago. Little did I know that there´s something more in the Lalique name. When we visited Salamanca(Spain) more than 2 years ago, the hubz brought me to this quaint Art Nouveau/Art Deco Museum which houses some of Lalique´s fabulous works. Right then and there I was hooked on his delicate creations. To my surprise, I found his works in Lisbon!Here´s a design of one his many lady dragonfly brooches:


Isn´t it fabulous? You know me, I like blings and artsy stuff. ;)  You can see a sample of  his works  at the Calouste Gulbenkian Museum. All the more reason to visit Lisbon. What more, on Sundays the museum entrance is free. Consider that a double treat! ;)

Enjoy your Thursday, sweets! :)

xoxo,

Che

Comments

what is that in the 1st pic??
Sherin said…
These are amazing. As you know, I'm a huge jewellery lover. I really love the blue necklace.
@ Dorothy: I think it´s a necklace or a headband with mother of pearls.
Dredd said…
Che, it's all fabulous and thanks for the tip about double treat ;)

I really love to read all your travel post.

muchos besos/Dredd
Dragonfly is my fave!

sweet said…
Totally fabulous...I love those pieces...so exquisite and profound...

wow you are very lucky to visit it...

hmmpp one day Sweet :D

oh by the way, lunch break are somewhat the same with us, her problem is she wants me to prepare my things for my next class instead of sleeping and taking a break. Gawd...I signed up for a contract that says 4 hours of teaching per day and that does not count my lunch break...oh well I still smile at her...and she is getting annoyed everyday :D

am I that mean???
ehehehehe

take care love
kisses
Sweet
PensandLens
Unknown said…
Ooher. these are gorgeous pieces. Looks like your having lotsa fun.. :D
k said…
those are so pretty!
lovely jewelries.. both of them are beautiful!
Anonymous said…
all these unique acc.give it to me.LOL,
Angela said…
wow. I don't know much about Lalique jewelry pieces but their vases.... sigh.....
Isabel said…
these are goegous!
miss a said…
>.< It looks cool!!

Amanda "Creamy" Apriani
http://creamyandicecream.blogspot.com
J. said…
Such amazing pieces!

Popular posts from this blog

HELLO, IT´S BEEN A WHILE...

WIWW: What I was Wearing Lately

WIWW: The Tonal Look