Thursday, June 16, 2011

Visiting the Vineyards

A sunny afternoon only means one thing. Travel. It doesn´t matter if it´s just around the neighborhood. It´s the thought and the fun that goes with it that counts! ;)


I´m so lucky that in less than an hour from the city where I live, I get to see grapevines rolling down the hills.

top- Mango

The grapes are still green and tiny. You can´t hardly see them unless you click the photo below twice. ;)


This denim dress that I´m wearing is actually a maxi skirt. I just hiked it up and voila, I´m wearing a strapless dress! One of the advantages of being petite. The thing is, the skirt/dress kept falling down and so I also kept pulling it up while walking. Ngeeh! Good thing I was wearing a short sweater over it and so I was saved from having the ultimate wardrobe malfunction. hahaha!

skirt/dress- local store, bag-from Morocco, leather bracelet and ring- local fair

sandals- Blanco

As we travel along the evergreen hills and mountains while listening to the car radio ( isn´t this nice, too?), we also get to see small quaint towns ( double click photo for larger view) which are so picture-perfect on their own and...


I even get to pose beside an olive tree!


And rested on a thousand year burial place. ;)


Later, we visited the remains of an old Roman bridge and capped the day with a late dinner of tapas/pinchos in Haro. Well that´s another story. So you see, you don´t have to go that far to see lots of beautiful places. Look around you. I´m sure just nearby, you could chance upon a lovely spot which you´ve never seen before. ;)

Happy weekend, luvs!

Hugs,

Che


9 comments:

Kavery said...

Walking through vineyards is very therapeutic. You look very cool in that skirt. Love the sandals

L1L2 said...

how fun! how beautiful! and the perfect hat:)

Jing said...

how cute the rock formation,te che!you look like a local spanish chica.i love your hat!

Rose said...

I agree, theres so many places close by to visit, you dont have to go far.
That little village looks lovely.

Rose

Sherin said...

I would love to visit a vineyard one day. It looks so beautiful. And that hat looks so pretty on you.

Laura said...

What a cool trip!!!! I LOVE your outfit it's so relaxed and cute =) Long live the skirt/dress!

fashioneggpplant said...

im really envying you right now, what an awesome place! :)

Sweet said...

nakaka-inggit ang scenery!!! I really love the beautiful image and the place...totally breathtaking... and your bag!!!! I want hahahaha!!!

thanks for making me smile...and yes I am happy that I am learning to be positive despite everything...

Kisses
Sweet
PensandLens
@mistytewest

Mom Daughter Style said...

i love the outfit as usual. di pa ako nakapunta sa may grapevines.

im glad you are enjoying

http://momdaughterstyle.blogspot.com/