Thank You and Help!

I am in mourning this week. As most of you have already known, my home country, the Philippines, specifically in the Visayas region, have suffered the most vicious and powerful typhoon to ever hit inland in modern history. That´s Typhoon Haiyan (Yolanda in Philippine name) to you.

Although I´m thankful that my beautiful island Negros was spared from the brunt, I can not say the same for the islands of Leyte, Samar, in some parts of Cebu, Aklan, Antique, Capiz and in Coron, Palawan. A cousin lost her home in Capiz while she´s preparing the burial of her grandmother in my hometown in Negros. Thank God her family survived. A very close friend of mine who´s also my maid-of-honor in my wedding and her family can not be found until now. She lives in Tacloban, Leyte and has two children, a five year old boy and a pretty girl who´s just celebrated her first birthday last month. I´m worried...

I´m sparing you the gruesome photos and heart wrenching videos of the aftermath because I know that you´ve seen them all in the news. All I wanted to ask is your prayers and to say thank you to everyone who have come forward to offer their help in these harrowing times especially  in the Visayas region.Your solidarity and thoughtfulness mean a lot to the Filipino people and we´ll never forget you´re generosity. To all the countries in the world who have extended their help since day one of the aftermath, maraming, maraming, salamat po!

1393835_10202439235490494_664776136_n

I´ve placed a photo and a link(just click on the photo) to the Philippine National Red Cross website on the upper right corner of blog or you can contact your local NGOs or Red Crosss if you want to share something. You can donate later, it doesn´t have to be now. Just continue praying that help  for the victims may come the soonest  possible because a lot of areas in the affected islands are still blocked from all the debris accumulated from the typhoon.

So long for now...


Che

PS: I will resume blogging next week, thank you for understanding.

Comments

renae said…
Oh no, I bet you feel helpless. I can pray? I can send money? Oh I am so sorry.
Unknown said…
You will be in my prayers

http://kacieskloset.blogspot.com/
My thoughts go out to your friends and family.
@Renae: Thank you for caring. Your prayers are needed and you can also donate if you want to thru Red Cross. :)

@Kacie: Thank you and bless you! :)

@ Lisa: Thanks, Lisa! I appreciate the thought. God bless you. :)

Popular posts from this blog

HELLO, IT´S BEEN A WHILE...

WIWW: What I was Wearing Lately

WIWW: The Tonal Look