Flyday Fridays: The Masks

Hi, all!

20130821_154023

How are you enjoying the holiday? Still trick or treating? ;) Frankly, I don´t know what to post today but since almost every one is on the spooky bandwagon this week, I might as well join the fun! Today, I´m bringing you to Bragança´s Iberian Mask and Costume Museum. Bragança is a booming and culturally rich city in the north-easteren region of Portugal. If I was a kid, I wouldn´t dare go inside this museum because I´m sure it would give me nightmares later but now that I´m an adult, I´m really enjoying an appreciating the art of mask making. ;)

20130821_152907
20130821_153247

Here´s a souvenir shot of my stay:

P8210122

The red mask below reminded me of the ¨bad spirit¨ in the film Insidious and I had to share this photo with my horror film loving sister in Facebook too, lol!

20130821_153247-1

This museum houses the masks and costumes collected over the years from the Portuguese carnival which is celebrated in the towns near Bragança. Do you know that the mask carnival dates back to the Celtic times? Anyway, there were also not so scary masks such as these below but that ¨scarecrow¨ like mask below scared me just a teeny bit, hehe.

20130821_153038
20130821_153105

And just before Miley Cyrus re-immortalized the ¨twerk¨( Elvis Presley did the original), here´s a ¨dude¨who loves sticking his tongue out. ;)

20130821_153225
And just for fun, here´s a blooper shot from the castle :

20130821_154027
top- Zara, skinny jeans- Primark, bag- Misako

Enjoy the weekend, luvs!

xoxo,

Che

PS: Linking up with Style Elixir´s Friday Fab Favorites, Lena B and Rachel´s Passion for Fashion Friday, Penniless Socialite and Delusions of Grandeur´s Favorite Fashion Friday and The Mrs. & The Momma´s Best Of Friday Style and Simple Sequins´ Fashion Item Friday. Join us! :)

Comments

these masks are so interesting. I like the concept of masks but to seeing people use them makes me feel uneasy since it's SO mysterious. I know that's the point but that's why it's so freaky! haha
xo,
nancy
renae said…
hi Che! Nice to see you over at Favorite Fashion Friday. Did you know I too have a Friday Blog Hop, now? Check it and link and have a great time. I'd love to see you.

These masks are so fitting for Halloween, etc. Cleaver of you to post it now. LOL
Love them, over the years hubby and I purchased several African masks that are hung in our home. Thanks for being bold and posting the blooper shot! Have a fantabulous weekend!
Unknown said…
Great post, those masks look very interesting and you look lovely ! Hugs
Beata
CQUEK said…
like your post especially the bag you are carrying.
Abby said…
Looove the pattern on that top! It looks so chic when you add in the hat to your look :) Great look!

If you have a sec, hope you can drop by my blog too and read my latest: www.fashchronicles.blogspot.com

Popular posts from this blog

HELLO, IT´S BEEN A WHILE...

WIWW: What I was Wearing Lately

WIWW: The Tonal Look