Wednesday, January 9, 2013

WIWW: Preppy in Plaids

Hello with a pout! ;)

PC280121

Here are some what-I-wore photos taken on a day trip to Córdoba(from Málaga) last December after Christmas. I don´t like going to the south of Spain during summer because the heat can be soooo unbearable out there but I welcome anytime sunny Andalusia in winter. ;) By the way, you´ll know that you´ve arrived in the south when you see orange trees in fruit bloom almost everywhere. The hubz liked taking a picture of me everytime we´re near one and so expect more orange tree backdrops soon, lol!

PC280122

A pose on the main door of the Mezquita, a UNESCO World Heritage site and one of the most famous monuments of the Spanish south. I´ve visited this place about three years ago(photo here) and it´s one of my favorite go to places to return and visit, ever!

PC280126

These burgundy top and chambray  are becoming a usual pairing as you can see in my previous posts last year while the plaid skirt is old. You know me, I recycle my clothes. Besides, they say plaids are going to be the next thing for spring/summer so I´m giving you the heads up right now! ;)

PC280147

I´ve always wanted those jackets with faux leather sleeves and so when I found this varsity jacket on the sale rack ( lucky me!), I never let go of it until I got home. It has all the things that I´m liking right now, the burgundy color which is becoming an autumn/winter classic, it´s quite toasty and the cute skull detail which I love!

PC280145

Leaving you with a photo taken at the ruins of Medina Azahara, a former medieval palace-city built by the Caliphate of Córdoba in the year 900. It´s located in the outskirts of Córdoba but it was worth the visit.

PC280131
jacket- New Yorker, skirt(old)- Promod, bag(old)- Zara
Today´s a Wednesday and the day for link ups. Click and get to know us at The Pleated Poppy´s What I Wore Wednesday and Rolled Up Pretty´s Whatever Whenever Wednesday.

So how´s the mid-week so far, dears? ;)

Hugs,

Che

20 comments:

Misty said...

So pretty! I love all of the layers and colors! The background is gorgeous too!
Misty

.MyStyleDiary said...

The view is beautiful
BLOG
SHOP

the domestic fringe said...

Cute skirt. I love plaid.

Beautiful scenery too. I'd love to visit Spain one day. My father actually lives in Southern Portugal...not too far for him.

~FringeGirl

CQ| said...

Love it! You look so warm!!

Niki Caron said...

Loving this look! I want that skirt!

Chandra said...

I'm a huge fan of layering and love how you piled it on...not to mention the plaid adds a nice touch! Stopping by from the wiww linkup. Enjoy your day:)

Chandra
astylishlittlelady.com

preethi said...

Love all the layering here! Am a new follower. :)

preethi
lace, etc.

Clare UnderstatedClassics said...

I am really attracted to the layering you have going on here. I love it.

Stopping by from the link up!

Clare
Understated Classics

Encarna said...

I like plaid! that skirt is so cute and suits on you
happy day!

Style To Envy said...

stopping by from rolled up pretty today great layers and I want a close up of those shoes....cute

xoxo
val
http://styletoenvy.com

Sara said...

Cute outfit!
xoxo
Sara from http://liveloveandlaughwithsassa.de/

Sherin said...

Love this preppy look! The skirt is gorgeous.

dedivahdeals.com said...

Blog Hopping - I love how you paired the shoes with the outfit!

janettaylor said...

That bomber jacket...is it from New Yorker! Incredible, darling Che. Great find!

Ankita Bardhan said...

Love your look darling..you look chic :)


Hey your new follower here :)
Come visit us sometime and would love if you join us on GFC too!
xoxo
Ankita
http://makeupstyleandsugar.blogspot.in/

Chioma said...

i love that jacket with your skirt! girly yet edgy :)

Chioma
C's Evolution of Style

Alisa Marie said...

Love the plaid skirt - always makes me feel like a little school girl when I wear one :) I'm also hosting an outfit linkup today - you should stop by and link-up this outfit :)

http://allthingsalisamarie.blogspot.com

Tiffany Opp said...

I love that plaid skirt! It looks great with the jacket.
Tiffany
www.fabulessinheels.com

nancy @ adore to adorn said...

fun skirt! I also love the detail on the back of your jacket. =)
xo,
nancy

Magna said...

Great outfit and I adore your shoes.
Great blog you have, check mine if you like.

http://justdailythings.blogspot.com

xx