Food Weekend: Holiday Menu

Welcome to the 1st post of the Food Weekend 2013 edition!

I know, I know. After ditching the diet during the holidays and gaining a few kilos, the last thing that you´d like to see in a personal style blog are food photos. But... I love food and I love to eat so prepare your forks ready and let´s dig in! ;)

Christmas Menu:

The hubz and I decided to have a simple dinner for the Noche Buena so I just cooked Filipino style stir fried noodles( they´re like Chinese noodles but only much tastier) and just bought grilled chicken from our local pollo asador.

P1150523

I did splurge on the Christmas cake, a creamy mousse made of  yoghourt, lemon and peaches. Yum, yum!

PC230057

New Year´s Eve menu:

As for the last night of the year 2012, I just made use of what I had in my refrigerator and pantry.

For starters we had, this Spanish style tapa made of  sliced bread topped with strips of cod fish( prepacked) stir fried in extra virgen olive oil, toasted garlic, dried chilis and a dash of dried parsely. The hubz gave this a thumbs up! ;)

PC310257

Then we had mixed greens with smoked salmon garnished with truffle flavored olive oil and black ground pepper. We need our fiber, people!

PC310261

And finally for the main dish, I decided to make a semi-vegetarian hamburger style patty made of  ground turkey meat and chopped vegetables( carrots, red bell peppers and zucchini) on a bed of basmati rice and wild rice.

PC310269

To prevent us from choking on our food ( hehe!), we had cava ( Spanish champagne). ;)

PC310258

The pièce de résistance was this mousse cake  made up of passionfruit and green apple puree on a bed of yema tostada. It was quite sweet but the taste is refreshing as well! :)

PC310276

Today is the Feast of the Three Kings here in Spain. For me it´s never complete without a slice of rosco de reyes. I don´t normally indulge in whipped cream but this is the best flavored whipped cream that I´ve tasted with orange essence among it´s ingredients. So who wouldn´t dare? Tomorrow the dieing starts officially, I swear! ;)

slice rosco

Until then, cheers everyone!

P1010291


HAPPY  3 KINGS! :)

xoxo,

Che

Comments

Awwhhh, yummy! Especially that cake! :)
Unknown said…
Food looks so tempting...
Lovely pictures.

Shivali of:
http://platinumdivinity.blogspot.in/

Follow each other???
OMG, all of this looks SO SO good!
Unknown said…
mama mia Im getting hungry! looks very good :-)

My blog
donnaiveh.blogspot.com

Wanna follow each other on GFC,FB,Twitter?

have a blessed day!

Popular posts from this blog

HELLO, IT´S BEEN A WHILE...

WIWW: What I was Wearing Lately

Nautical and Taupe