Right before the fashion houses sent their models out strutting on the catwalk wearing orange last year for Sping 2011, unconsciously I was already collecting this color for our new flat since early summer of last year. Like these ones:
- the stripey orange curtains in the kitchen
- this orange chair which took us 2 1/2 hours to assemble. Our first DYI house project. Thankfully the second chair took us 30 mins.hahaha!
- this orange and yellow tablecloth bought from a Chinese store. Ngeeh!
-the orange cushion. Great pairing with lime green too. ;)
- our comforter with orange swirls among the other swirls
and this magenta and orange bedside lamp. I like how this photo came out. So 70s, no? ;) No, this wasn´t photoshopped! At night I´m kinda hesitant to light this lamp because it gives this reddish glow which reminds me of some place out there. Sssshhhh! ;)
Looking at my old accessories, I found two:
- a beaded orange necklace which was like, 3 years old!
and my orange baguette ring which has the same age as my beaded necklace. All from Sfera.
Aha, it still fits nicely on my ring finger! :)
and yes, the room where I usually shoot my outfits has an orange fluorescent lamp. ;)
Okay so finally here´s the outfit post:
floral top- thrifted last December
very old jeans- Mango
necklace- Promod ( summer sales 2009)
My mother who´s stylish in her own way never called this color orange since I was a wee child. She always calls it ¨tangerine¨ and I like it. Tangerine´s a lot classier to say and hear than orange, noh? ;)
So, have you had a tangerine trip lately? ;)
Enjoy your weekend! :)