Wednesday, February 12, 2014

WIWW: V Date

Valentine´s Day is here in just two days dear fashionistas, so what will you be wearing? Something red or black and sexy? ;)

2014-02-05 16.21.22

As for me, I´m experimenting on the sweater and tulle midi skirt combo. I´m a sweater girl (well, who isn´t when it´s always cold outside the whole year) but wearing tulle? Now that´s another story. I think the last time I wore one was when I was 15 years old and feeling grown-up on our prom night, lol!

2014-02-05 16.22.03

I´m also adding some bling to jazz up the outfit:

2014-02-05 16.26.17

And a pair of black pumps and a red clutch (which I got on the current sales) for a grown-up but minimalist look. Not too formal, not too casual either, perfect for me! This outfit is also hubby approved when I showed it to him the other day. In case you´ll ask, he´s one of those guys who doesn´t care about tight sexy dresses which you can´t  hardly breath after putting it on but appreciates a modest but well dressed girl when he sees one. I guess I married the right guy, no? ;)

2014-02-05 16.21.42

So how´s this for a semi-formal Valentine´s date?

2014-02-05 16.22.23

Don´t worry about the bare legs, there´s nothing like a pair of  black tights can do on a cold Friday/Saturday night. .

2014-02-05 16.22.44
sweater, skirt and clutch- Zara, pumps- local brand, necklace(old)- Blanco
So what are you wearing on your V date with your special someone or with the girlfriends? ;)

xoxo,

Che


PS: Linking up with Style Elixir´s Style Sessions, Get Your Pretty On´s I Feel Pretty, Tucker Up´s WIWW and Valentine´s Day Link Up, Penniless Socialite and The Tiny Heart´s Look What I Got, Vodka Infused Lemonade´s Tres-Chic Fashion, Everyday Fashion and Finance and Perfectly Coutured´s Three-fer Thursday.

17 comments:

Joelle B. said...

Absolutely love this tulle skirt. It's so forty and fun. I'm sharing a few v-day looks on my blog today. I'd love it if you visited!

Xoxo-Joelle
Coubtrylivinginheels.blogspot.com

Laura B said...

Such a great skirt! I love your sweater, too! This is a perfect Valentine's Day outfit.

Sherin said...

Red and black is a perfect combination. I love that skirt so much.

Janet Taylor said...

Just perfect! Sheer and little bit chunky!


ChocolateFashionCoffee said...

such a lovely skirt :)



Saci
ChocolateFashionCoffee
ChocolateFashionCoffee Facebook Page
ChocolateFashionCoffee INSTAGRAM!!!

Tina Bradley said...

Such an elegant and feminine look! Perfect for Valentine's Day! T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

Merrie K. said...

I love this look! Did you really buy all of it at the thrift store?
Merrie @ www.PetiteCareerGirl.com

Dressing Up For Me said...

@Petite Career Girl:

Thanks!I didn´t buy all of these in a thrift store but I did buy all of these in the current winter sales except for the shoes which weren´t on sale. :)

Mica T said...

Hope you have a great Valentine's day! :)

I really like your top, from the distance photos it looked like it had a tweed texture until the close-up where you could see it was just the pattern :)

Away From Blue

Penniless Socialite said...

That skirt is perfect for Valentine's Day! Thanks for linking up!
Tara
Penniless Socialite

Renae of Simple Sequins said...

Oh nicely done, Cheryl! I love your necklace. I am not a necklace wearer but I do admire great ones here and there. Your clutch is inspiring me to get more and more clutches. I don't usually include a purse/bag in my posts. I shall more often now, I hope. lol

Thank you for the sweet compliments. So nice of you, my friend.

Jo-Anne van Eeden said...

what a fresh outfit!perfect for valentine's day!

xJo
http://www.myselfexpressed.com/

Jan Graham-McMillen said...

My Valentine's day has to wait, as always, 'cause I'm helping others celebrate at our restaurant. But I do get to dress up with every other woman. Not sure yet, but I love what you planned, and I might well use it as an excuse to get out my tulle skirt as well. It doesn't get out as often as it deserves!
You look adorable!

Beata B said...

Just perfect :) love the skirt :)
You look absolutely gorgeous:)
Hugs Beata

Inge Jane said...

I love this outfit, it's so fun!
Inge
This Ever Evolving Life

Dee Kay said...

I love the mix of textures and print on this one! Very elegant and classy, I can see why hubby approves!
Happy Valentine's Day!
Dee
Ms Dee Kay

Bethany C said...

Such a fabulous look! I adore that skirt, it is too cute and you styled it perfectly! Thanks for sharing with Three-fer Thursday!
xo Bethany
www.perfectlycoutured.com