Monday Remix: Dear Cardigan

Dear fave cardigan,

2014-02-09 12.46.44

Goodbye not because I don´t love you anymore but because I´ve abused you so much that I couldn´t take it anymore. Despite that you´ve loosened up(literally) and pilled all over, I was still in a state of denial that you and I are still going strong but it´s so not true. Reality check told me to let you go and my heart´s breaking though you can´t see it in my smile.

2014-02-09 12.46.56
2014-02-09 12.46.54
2014-02-09 12.46.19

So as a fitting goodbye, I´ve worn you one last time with my new leopard printed circle skirt on a sunny but super windy and cold day. As always, you were there keeping me warm all over. Oh, how I wish you didn´t grow so old easily but it has been more than three years and we have to part so that I can move on.

2014-02-09 12.46.16
cardigan(very old)- New Yorker, skirt- Stradivarius, clutch(old)- Mango
If you´ve forgotten how many times we´ve dated, these are just some of the ways that we´ve bonded a lot:
Cardigan Mosaic
It´s with a real heavy heart that I´ve to let you go but fret not  because you´ll always be remembered  as the ONE who stayed with me season after season and who never let me down. Don´t feel so bad, okies? ;)

Love you to bits,

Che

PS: Linking up with Fizz and Frosting´s Mix it Mondays, Still Being Molly´s Funday Monday, Style Elixir´s Style Sessions and Paige´s Stylish Tuesday. Link with us!

Comments

Tina Bradley said…
Not only is that a fab cardigan--but a wonderful skirt, too! Love leopard print! T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com
But it looks so comforable! I hate saying goodbye to clothes I love. sigh...

Stephanie
http://www.vainandsimple.com/
Unknown said…
I was laughing out loud at this post. How creative! It really is hard to break up with our favorites. I have a few that I need to kick to the curb. Cute skirt. Can't wait to see how you style this other ways.
Alyssa said…
so funny. Can't tell you how many times I've had to "let go" of a piece of clothing...
totally relate!

Stopped by for a visit from my blog alyssabarnettbeauty.com
What a versatile cardigan! Wrap styles have been my favorite lately!
Laura B said…
I love the way your skirt and clutch stand out! It's always sad to say goodbye to very loved clothes. Hope you find a replacement!
Unknown said…
awww. i don't like saying goodbyes to favorite clothing items. but that cardigan looks soooo comfy.

what a fitting farewell though :)

Found your post via Stylish Tuesday link up!

Rhea, Et Cetera - ProFlowers collab: floral-inspired outfit
Photo Cache said…
looks like this would be your fave lounge outfit on days when you just like to stay home and watch tv or read a book.
Unknown said…
Awwww. Poor little sweater. I hope it goes to a good home, 'cause it did serve you well.
renae said…
Oh Che, I love this sweater with the leopard skirt. I love the previous looks, too but yes, the leopard is my fave. ♥
Evelyn said…
I think this is a very pretty cardigan. I like that you wore it with any style. I do hope you'll find another one soon.

~ Evelyn of http://RagsExchange.com AND http://StyleActuallyBlog.com

Popular posts from this blog

HELLO, IT´S BEEN A WHILE...

WIWW: What I was Wearing Lately

WIWW: Tonal White