Dressing Up For Me 2012 in Review

Just before the year ends today, I´m thanking you dear readers for visiting and leaving heart warming comments and sending those sweet e-mails. Thank you so much, I appreciate them all. Anyway, here are some what-I-wore photos which I´ve collated this year  for you. I´m not proud to say that I didn´t evolve much in my dressing style but at least I wore the year with flying colors, literally!

Color blocking from spring to summer

I had fun wearing this trend especially that I´m a jeans and top kind of gal. This is the best go to mix for those days when you feel like experimenting with different color combinations.
Mosaic-color block
mosaice8a5a6686dac43d35de481d07d8d76ac52d8ca3c

Leather

Here are the newest addition to my faux leather family, the metallic skirt which I wore on my yearly Christmas dinner with my close friends, a red leather number which has become a favorite of mine and the jacket which I have only worn once in the blog. I need to remix the jacket! The black mini with side panels is an old one but I decided to pair it with a burgundy top and a chambray shirt to make it trendy this season.
mosaica30d336b2ec64d76638e9a92cbedff8a17056a5c

Prints

From snakeskin to cheetah to zebra and to the classic leopard prints, animal prints have won me over!

mosaic1db189953132799b3b64d835c3f50154a274e49f

This year has been a stripes year for me, hands down. They´re the perfect transition from summer to autumn or from spring to summer. You can wear it all year round if you want to, nothing´s stopping you! ;)

Mosaic Stripes 1

Then I got hooked on printed pants. They´re like the new jeans for me but only more colorful. ;)
mosaic6a181020db1b9a8088805f3ad5fcfa13cbaa0728


Classic Combinations

As for the classic combinations, I dabbled a bit although I did them ahead of season. While the military trend became a hit this autumn-winter season, I was already wearing my jacket in spring. The same goes for the dark florals and burgundy trends, they´re my perfect pieces when the flowers were in full bloom. I finally gave in to wearing  wide leg pants and the laser cut trend( I know this isn´t a classic), I tried it too when the temperature plummeted last summer. I´m loving that the skirt is in faux leather too, another addition to my ever growing faux leather collection. ;)

mosaic17e2c2dde4bc0793f4d52bad8bee6c6df1df9f0b

Unlikely Combinations

Finally, here´s what I´ve been experimenting a lot this year. Mixing colors and textures. Melon against choco brown, jacquard in mint green against dark brown, asymmetrical corduroy in olive green against black and sequins and prussian blue, gray and purple. Whoah, that´s a lot of colors and textures! :)

mosaic14345e88ad26d468392877f87b7e202a180ef5d3

If there´s one thing I´ve learned from dressing up for me this year is not to be afraid of mixing and matching your accessories and that includes your jewelry. The right pair of accessories completes your outfit. It doesn´t have to be different every time but buy things that can be mixed and matched with a lot of your outfits. Now that my darlings is how you stretch the budget. :)

HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL AND I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST DRESSING IN 2013!

Hugs and kisses,

Che

Comments

Sherin said…
You wore some gorgeous outfits this year! I love all the colours.
Grazziella said…
Ow great post, love the first of the second serie of color blocking :) you really have a nice style
Happy new year

Bisous from France
Unknown said…
Hi Che!

Nice selection i love you unlikely section!
That' s good to be daring!
Happy NY to you!

Ariane xxx
Unknown said…
Amazing outfits!!!

Kisses, Lucy:)
ThefashionFlite said…
Hi lovely ! Ur outfits are superb !Have a great 2013
✿thefashionflite
✿twitter
✿Bloglovin
vitaMinn style said…
Indeed what a colorful year for you! I wish I can bring myself to do the same, le sigh...

G

Popular posts from this blog

HELLO, IT´S BEEN A WHILE...

WIWW: What I was Wearing Lately

WIWW: The Tonal Look