Food Weekend: Sumthin´ Italian

Today on Food Weekend, I´ll let you drool Italian style (whatevs that is)! ;)

Okay here´s the story, last month(March) was my birthday month but since the hubz was working on my actual birthday, we postponed lunch( I would´ve preferred dinner to make it more romantic but my husband is a practical guy,hehe!) until the end of March. I didn´t get to post the photos right away because we went on a trip to the south of Spain last week. So finally, here it is:

We booked a tiny but very cosy Italian restaurant in my city called Ristorante L´oliva. The table setting´s very simple in yellow and green.

P3240094

What I love about most Italian restaurants is that they give you those thin and crunchy breadsticks to munch on while waiting for your food. Since in Spain lunch or dinner is never complete without bread, we were served two freshly baked crusty rolls to accompany the meal.

P3240089

For starters, I just ordered a simple salad: a stack of sliced tomatoes, pan grilled eggplant and fresh cheese( forgot if this is mozzarella or cottage cheese, hehe) topped with vinaigrette dressing. It was fresh and delicioso!

P3240093

The hubby´s second dish was ravioli stuffed with bacalao(cod fish) and cream peppered with raisins

P3240096

while mine was pasta nero de sepia calamari ( black pasta from squid ink and sliced squid) in fresh tomato sauce. It has a tangy taste( brought by the tomatoes) and it tasted good though I´d prefer the sauce to be white and creamy. hahaha! We didn´t order wine because we have a lot of wine in the house and besides they serve wine by the bottle and not by the glass so we had water instead.

P3240099

As for dessert, the hubz ordered berry panna cota. It tasted yummy but I prefer my panna cota light and melt-in-your-mouth, this one was bit thick for me,

P3240101

instead, I had the tiramisu which was heavenly! This was one of the best tiramisu I´ve tasted surpassing the one I had in Trastevere in Rome and it has an ample serving too which can be shared by two. :)

P3240102

It was a great experience dining in this place. It has a quiet ambiance, very private and the food´s worth trying. So have you eaten out these past days? Buon Appetito!

Ciao!

Che


Comments

Maddie said…
mmm Italian cuisine is my favorite! And these dishes look amazing!

callmemaddie.blogspot.com
mispapelicos said…
Qué rico todo, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Looks like a great meal! I can never turn down fresh Italian bread.
Tara
Penniless Socialite
Anonymous said…
So good!! It lonja amazing!!!

www.shareasecret.wordpress.com

xoxo

Popular posts from this blog

HELLO, IT´S BEEN A WHILE...

WIWW: What I was Wearing Lately

Camel, what color art thou?