Flyday Fridays: Cádiz

Hi, luvlies!

As promised, here´s part 1 of my recently concluded Andalusian trip. I´m sharing with you just a small part of Cádiz, the capital city of Cádiz in Spain. It´s one of the oldest cities in southwestern Europe. The first thing that caught my eye when I stepped down from the train were the palm trees. This type of  tree is a rarity in the northern part of Spain where I live, hahaha!

P3290054
facade of  the city hall of Cádiz
The main quarters have neatly lined streets and the apartments (piso in Spanish) buildings have small balconies jutting out which remind me of Valencia and in some parts of La Coruña and Vigo in the Galician region.

P3290058

The Cathedral of Cádiz originally built in baroque style but finished in the neoclassical stylen is one of the city´s  famous landmarks.

P3290101

We climbed up one of the towers and here´s what welcomed us at the top, the bells:

20130329_132201

and the Cathedral´s cupola:

20130329_132317

And the photo sessions began. It was quite windy up there and when the hubz was trying to take photos through my phone ( my phone takes better and vivid photos than my camera, I swear!), a strong gust of wind   tilted the phone and this is the result, his and her´s footwear:

20130329_132035

Luckily, we´re able to have a decent head shot while I was trying to hold  my hair to keep it from flying all over my face. ;)

P3290083

The city´s skyline:

P3290075

and the city´s shoreline still from the top of the tower:

P3290073

Finally, here´s a candid shot of my what I was wearing that day:

P3290047

It was matchy-matchy, hehe and I wore sneakers for the rain and walking. I wore mostly chambray tops during my trip( this time in a darker shade from the sales again) and a short tweed-looking knitted cardigan. The floral silver ring was my only accesory for spring. ;)

More travel photos in the next Friday travel posts. I´ve got a lot to share with you not only from the Spanish south but from my place too. Thanks for reading and see you soon!

Hugs,

Che 

UpdateLinking up with Vodka Infused Lemonade´s Favorite Spring Trend Link Up.


Comments

April said…
I love your outfit..yes matchy matchy but I love it..just perfect..im in love with your blazer and that's a cute way to style tweeds and chambray shirt..beautiful pictures as well and awesome sights too
Juneli said…
What a beautiful city, so architecturally rich! Love your tweed jacket and necklace, dear!
Love
Juneli from Fashionably Yours
Lovely outfit and beautiful photos as usual, thanks for sharint them, darling Che!
Maddie said…
That place loos amazing! Great pictures!

callmemaddie.blogspot.com
renae said…
Oh my goodness! I love these photos, Che! Great places to see. I love old architecture eventho I love modern for my own home. Yes, I do believe that those strapy turquoise sandals are my fav. I love your necklace you have on! WOW! It is fabulous!
Unknown said…
hi, very nice blog :) let's follow each other :D http://kateandbee.blogspot.com :)
Anonymous said…
Wow! Great pics of Cadiz!! Jeep gong round Spain with ur camera! Wanna see more!!!

www.shareasecret.wordpress.com

coco

Popular posts from this blog

HELLO, IT´S BEEN A WHILE...

WIWW: What I was Wearing Lately

WIWW: The Tonal Look