Museum Hopping in Lisbon


Ola, ola!
P1180099
tops, shoes-local store, skirt- New Yorker, bag- Longchamp, jacket- Zara
First, I´ve got to warn you that this is quite a picture heavy post. Now that we´ve got that out of the way, let´s go museum hopping, shall we? ;) My long Lisbon weekend was a wet and cloudy one and so we had no choice but visit museums than go sightseeing. First stop was at the Museu Nacional do Traje e da Moda at Viana do Castelo. I´m glad that we did because despite having a small collection, it was impressive and we can take photos(w/o flash). You must see their fur collection, even my non-fashionista husband was mesmerized! ;)
P1180100

If  I were to compare this with the collection in Museu Pitti( in Florence), I´d say this is much better and  the entrance fee was much cheaper too! For a price of 4 euros( if I´m not mistaken) you can visit one museum more which is the Museu Nacional do Teatro and the Botanical Garden which connects the two museums. Here are some photos which I took:

P1180055

These dresses are perfect for autumn ( in those times of course but the colors are so now!):

P1180068

Flapper dresses:

P1180087


Silkscreen printed dress from the late 1980s to early 1990s and the technique continues!

P1180096

Posing beside this cute and harmless extraterrestrial which also moves his head which is front of the main entrance of the Museu Nacional do Teatro, so charming! :)

P1180106

Stage costumes:

P1180107

Marionettes on a stage:

P1180113

Later, we took the metro and went to a modern and contemporary art museum called Museu Collecçao Berardo. For those who love modern art, this is for you!

P1180149

An artwork by a Portuguese artist which looks like the modern version of  ¨Noah´s Arc¨:

P1180131

Andy Warhol´s ¨Flower Blue¨:

P1180126

This was the explanation beside a blank canvass painted in white hanged on the wall. What do you think? ;)

P1180135

I took  quite a number of photos but since this post is already supersaturated, let´s reserved them for the next posts, okies? ;) Just before I go, here´s a parting shot near one of the entrance doors of the musem. I don´t know what´s the name of this sculpture but you know what? Art doesn´t have to have a name to be fabulous! ;)

P1180146

Enjoy the weekend, everyone and keep warm! Winter´s just around the corner. ;)

xoxo,

Che

Comments

Sherin said…
I definitely need to visit Lisbon at some point. Looks like it has a strong culture.
Bhushavali said…
Love the ikat print skirt. Its too good!
Love the way you've combined it with burgundy top and biker jacket! Love the look.
Do visit my blog too sometime.
FASHION PANACHE BLOG

Popular posts from this blog

HELLO, IT´S BEEN A WHILE...

WIWW: What I was Wearing Lately

Camel, what color art thou?