Friday, November 30, 2012

Friday Flydays: Sand, beach and a Monastery

Hi, all!

First, for those who are new to the blog, thanks for dropping by and second, it´s Flyday Friday once again! While everyone´s bundled up from head to toe on this side of the world, let me entice you with some beach photos which I took while we were on a short trip in Portugal last October.

P1170917

Peniche - a coastal town in the center of Portugal and according to Wiki , this town has one of the best surfing locations in the world. Sand dunes, clear blue skies and flying sea gulls over sparkling sea water, isn´t it nice to dream of summer again amidst the cold rain or the falling snow right now? ;) What do you think? ;)

P1170914
P1170916

Nazaré, another coastal and famous surfing town in Portugal. Although this bustling beachside town reminds me a little of jampacked Benidorm in Spain, I wouldn´t mind spending my afternoon siesta by the beach while listening to the sound of the gentle waves. ;)

P1170928

Since I´m an Old World fanatic, we capped off the trip at the Alcobaça Monastery, a Roman Catholic mediaeval monastery and by the way, also UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1989 due to it´s artistic and historical importance .

P1170939

The monastery and the church are one of the first gothic buildings in Portugal and well preserved. Here´s a look at the church nave leading to the altar:

P1170947

A posterity shot near the main door to end the day:

P1170944 - copia
jeans- Zara, bag- Massimo Dutti, scarf, shoes, top- local stores
Have a fantastic weekend ahead! I´ll be spending mine in Zaragoza, Spain, I´m excited. :)

xoxo,

Che




5 comments:

Luba Dimitrova said...

Such a beautiful pictures ! So glade that you have enjoyed that much !

XX Luba

:: Well Living Blog :: shaggy jacket & flared jeans in my look today
http://very-well-living.blogspot.com

janettaylor said...

Love your bag!

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

The Golden Girls said...

WOW! Amazing photos! Love your outfits! So chic! Hugs from Cali! xx The Golden Girls

vitaMinn style said...

Hola from El Salvador!

I would love to visit your side of the world someday! I know a little bit of Portuguese already after my stint in Brazil, and now learning Spanish. One day, I'll just surprise you I'm coming over! :D

SunnyToast said...

I'm drolling with the beach pics! I'm such a sun worshipr! inggit much and I love your flats!