Flyday Fridays: Monte da Penha

Hello, Friday!

20130820_111320

Portugal is a country replete with holy sanctuaries built on top of  mountains and hills. Today, I´m bringing you to one on a mountain top in Monte da Penha( Rock Mountain) called Santúario da Nossa Senhora do Carmo (Our Lady of Mount Carmel) or simply called us Santúario do Penha.

20130820_111642

To get to the top, we rode a cable car which was so enjoyable by the way (unless you´re claustrophobic and afraid of heights) because you get to see a bird´s eye view of the city skyline as you go up. I think there´s a small road which leads you to the top if you want to drive but it´s quite a steep climb. Have it whatever you like! ;)

20130820_112829

Here´s what I wore on that another fiery day, something light, breezy and colorful:

20130820_111323
 shirt dress- Promod, sandals- Celine( Filipino brand), bag- Massimo Dutti
The sanctuary is not a huge church. It´s quite simple and has a modern architecture but the view around it is spectacular ansd so peaceful. I could stay for a day in here first to meditate and then to hide from the sun, hahaha!

20130820_110916

20130820_111656

And if you´re wondering where the mountain and sanctuary got their name, it´s this:

20130820_111822

On the left side of the sanctuary is this natural park filled with boulders everywhere. Amazing! I even had a photo taken in between these gargantuan rocks. Look how tiny I look compared to these two! :)

20130820_110517


If you plan on visiting Guimaraes, Portugal, don´t forget to visit this place. It´s so serene and one of  best places to contemplate life and appreciate nature. Hope you´ve enjoyed reading my post for today.

Have a lovely weekend, everyone! :)

Peace!

Che

PS: Linking with Style Elixir´s Friday´s Fab Favorites, Lena B and Rachel´s Passion for Fashion and Penniless Socialite and Delusions of Grandeur´s Favorite Fashion Friday and the Mrs. & The Momma´s The Best of Friday Style.


Comments

These Photos are phenomenal. Beautiful places. You are rocking that cute Casual Dress & Panama Hat.

Have a Great Weekend!
What a great dress, love the patterns!

blue hue wonderland
Cute patterned dress, darling Che!



♥
oh my, what beautiful shots and you are working that hat Ms Lady!!!
Great look!

Thank you for linking up with Friday's Fab Favorites!

Lauren xx
www.stylelixir.com
renae said…
Awesome ensemble Che. I love it! That hat is so dang cute! Great scenery, no less. ♥
Sherin said…
These are beautiful pictures. Love your dress - the colours are lovely.
Anonymous said…
What a great travel look! I'm digging the hat. And the dress looks classy and casual. The kind of look you can take from sight-seeing to dinner.

I've never been to Portugal. Would love to someday.
TheTinyHeart said…
I think the cable cars would totally freak me out but the view is beautiful! The hat is adorable on you :)

-Sharon
The Tiny Heart
Sept. Group Giveaway!

Popular posts from this blog

WIWW: Black and White For Real

Madrid Weekend- 2

WIWW: Lace Peplum